Below are the steps to adding Office365 OneDrive and SharePoint Connected Services to the locally installed Office applications, such as Word. This makes it easier to point to the online storage provided with an organization’s Office 365 subscription. The installation of OneDrive for Business is not needed on the local computer for this procedure to work. This makes it a great option for Virtual Desktop (VDI) machines that do not want to use local storage options to save on virtual storage costs.
1. Open Word then click Open Other Documents link at the bottom of the menu bar on the left side.
2. Click on the Account option from the left side bar.
3. Click the Add a service option
- Select Storage from drop-down menu
- Select Office 365 SharePoint from sub-menu.
4. Proceed to the login process.
5. The Connected Services should now show:
6. Continue to Change the Save Options.
Above are the steps to adding Office365 OneDrive and SharePoint Connected Services to the locally installed Office applications, such as Word.
Publish Date: 3/4/2016
Last review Date: April 6, 2016
Doc Number: HT0021603
Author: H.W. Mattos